Facebook pixel code

Lanturn simplifies your Dependant Pass application

Secure your EntrePass with the help of Singapore’s leading visa experts


A Dependant Pass is a type of visa that enables eligible dependents, of certain work pass holders working in Singapore, to live in the country for the duration of the main work pass’ validity period.

The employer or corporate services provider must file the DP application for the spouses and unmarried children of work pass holders, such as EntrePass, Employment Pass (EP), Personalised Employment Pass (PEP), Overseas Network and Expertise Pass (ONE Pass Singapore), and S Pass holders.

The validity of the Dependent Pass matches that of the primary work pass.

The eligibility criteria for Dependent Pass (DP) in Singapore are as follows:

  • The applicant must be the legal spouse or unmarried child (below 21 years old) of a Work Pass holder in Singapore.
  • The Work Pass holder must earn a minimum monthly salary of SGD 6,000.
  • In the case of EntrePass holders must meet an annual business spending minimum of $100,000, year 2 renewal criteria and employee criteria for their business.

What is a LOC and when do you need it?

The Singapore Letter of Consent (LOC) is a document issued by the MOM that allows eligible DP, Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) or LTVP+ holders to work in Singapore without the need for a separate work visa. The LOC is usually tied to the validity of the holder’s work pass or the sponsoring employer.

The following individuals are eligible to apply for an LOC:


Holders of Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) or LTVP+

Issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA)


Workers with a job offer from a Singapore employer


Legal spouses of ONE Pass holders

Visa Services Pricing

Prices exclusive of Singapore GST

Dependant Pass (DP)

Our team of immigration experts is here to help you navigate the Dependant Pass application process, providing personalized guidance and support at every step, including preparing and submitting your application, tracking its progress, and appealing any rejections.

Letter of Consent (LOC)

We offer a comprehensive service for LOC applications, which covers preparing and submitting applications, tracking their status, and dealing with any appeals to guarantee government approval.

EP Holders will need an LOC if they wish to start a company of their own and become a director for that company while still holding their work pass with their existing employer.

Acquiring a Dependant Pass made easy with Lanturn’s expertise


Speak with Lanturn

Our visa experts will work with you to assess whether you meet the requirements for a Dependant Pass under the MOM’s guidelines. We will provide professional guidance to help you through the application process and suggest the most appropriate visa option.


Thorough Document Processing

With our assistance, we’ll help you submit a complete Dependant Pass application. We’ll work with you to collect and organize the required documents before conducting a thorough review and submission process.



Application Supervision

We oversee your visa application process, ensuring everything is in order, and provide timely updates on its status. If necessary, we can help you appeal a rejection.


Why trust Lanturn for your visa needs?

blueIcon logo png

Personalised Guidance

Lanturn's visa experts offer tailored guidance and support that suits your specific circumstances during your Singapore pass application process. We will help you identify the most appropriate visa option and provide tailored advice to ensure a successful application.


Reliable Assistance

Count on Lanturn to be by your side throughout the work visa application process. Our visa specialists will monitor your application and provide updates promptly. In case of rejection, we will assist you in filing an appeal.


Tailored Assistance

Partner with a team of dedicated experts who care about your success and have your back whenever you need support.

What makes Lanturn a trusted
choice for our clients?

Frequently Asked Questions

Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) holders who earn a minimum fixed salary of S$12,000 per month are eligible to apply for a Dependant Pass for their legal spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21.

The processing time for a Letter of Consent (LOC) in Singapore typically takes around one to three weeks. However, processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the volume of applications received by the MOM.

It would be more beneficial to acquire the advice of an immigration expert as the eligibility for a Dependant Pass for stepchildren may vary depending on the specific circumstances and documentation provided to establish the relationship.

The main differences between a Letter of Consent (LOC) and a Work Permit in Singapore are that an LOC allows the holder to work in Singapore under certain conditions, such as being a dependant of a work pass holder, while a Work Permit is a work pass that allows the holder to work in Singapore in a specific occupation or industry. Additionally, an LOC is tied to the validity of the sponsoring work pass holder’s pass, while a Work Permit is issued for a fixed period of time and is renewable. The eligibility criteria and application process for each pass also differ.

They are not eligible for a Dependant Pass. However, they may be eligible for a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) if the Work Permit holder meets certain criteria.

You can monitor your application status on the MOM website by providing the necessary information. No login is required. Alternatively, a professional service provider can assist you with the application process and keep you updated on your application status.

To find out more about Dependant Pass and LOC.

Discover valuable insights and practical advice by checking out our blog!


Enter a text to search